Create a Shopify Product
Every Event relates to a Shopify Product. The first step is to create this product.
If you already have a product, proceed to Create an Event.
- In your Shopify admin, click Products > Add Product.
- Enter your Event's title on the Title field, (for example: Pottery workshop, Dance class, Business seminar, Guitar lesson etc).
- Add your Description, Images, Collections etc.
- Enter the price per person in the Price field. This is what customers pay at checkout.
- If the product is on Sale, add the Compare at price.
- If you aren't tracking your available seats, select Don't track inventory. Otherwise, enter event's available seats on the Quantity field.
Note: If you are using Shopify Locations you'll see a slightly different layout in the inventory. In this case enter event's available seats on the Available field.
Your product may have multiple options. For example, a workshop has different levels (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced) or a course, different programs (1 month, 3 months, 6 months etc) with separate prices. If that's your case, you'll need to create multiple variants.
On Variants, check This product has multiple options, like different sizes or colors and enter your Options. On the next steps, you will need to create one Event per Variant.
Save your Product
When you are ready, save your product and continue.